Coastal Cleanup Day @ Torrance Beach September 15, 2018
Make a difference in your community by volunteering!
Want an opportunity to help keep your community safe and clean? Join Team Torrance as a volunteer at the 34th annual Coastal Cleanup Day.
Coastal Cleanup Day is Saturday, September 15th from 9am–12 noon. Co-hosted by Heal the Bay, the Ocean Conservancy, the California Coastal Commission, and the L.A. Department of Beaches and Harbors, this year’s Torrance event is sponsored by American Honda and the Torrance Area Chamber of Commerce, and will take place at Torrance Beach. For more info on the Torrance Beach Cleanup, please contact Beach Captain Leslie Cortez at (310) 618-5864 or Co-Captain Betty Perez at (310) 781-7627.
Last year’s Torrance Beach Cleanup received a record number of volunteers, so sign up early this year. Volunteers meet at Miramar Park, 201 Paseo de la Playa @ Calle Miramar.
There are many more opportunities to help keep our beaches & oceans clean at various locations throughout L.A. County. To sign-up, visit Heal the Bay.
In 2017, Coastal Cleanup Day volunteers removed more than 800,000 pounds of trash and recyclables from California coast and inland waterways–in only 3 hours! Volunteering really makes an impact in our local communities.
Visit the City of Torrance’s Coastal Cleanup Day website for more info.
To volunteer for the Torrance Beach site, or any Coastal Cleanup Day event, simply register at Heal the Bay’s event page here.
- What: Coastal Cleanup Day
- When: Saturday, September 15th, 2017 from 9am–12pm
- Where: Torrance Beach and over 50 cleanup sites around Southern California
- How: Get involved
- Why: To help keep our oceans, beaches, waterways, streams and parks clean and free of trash!
- Cost: FREE
- Ages: Volunteers under 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult. Volunteers 18 years or younger must have their waiver signed by a parent or guardian.