New Year Cleaning!
Large, Bulky Item Pick-Ups!
The holiday season has come and gone … and left a mess behind. Looking around, you wonder how you’ll ever replace your old couch and appliances with your new ones! Well, the City of Torrance will pick up your old items from you for FREE!
For residents with City services for rubbish and recycling, a free pickup of large or bulky items can be requested. Large item collection is available on an on-call basis once per calendar year per address.
The City will pick up twenty (20) items per pick up.
- Small items must be tied in bags.
- To schedule your once a year large item pickup, call our customer service office, Global Water, toll-free at 855-354-5623, Monday through Thursday, 7:30 am to 5:30 pm.
- Your pick up will take place the following week on either Tuesday or Wednesday.
- Place items where recycling is picked up, at least five feet away from your trash and recycling containers.
- Torrance Municipal Code states that materials cannot be placed for collection earlier than 12 hours before the scheduled pickup.
- Cancellations must be made at least one day in advance of your scheduled pickup.
The following are NOT collected as part of this program:
- Construction materials (examples: wood, concrete, bricks, and drywall)
- Major yard cleanup debris (examples: trunks and stumps, sod, and dirt)
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Auto parts
- Spas, hot tubs
- Pianos, organs
- Household hazardous wastes, including TVs, computer monitors, and electronics. If you have hazardous waste or electronics, click here for suggestions.
Residents are also encouraged to consider recycling any items in usable condition by donating them to a non-profit organization. The following organizations provide pick-up or drop-off service:
- Goodwill: 562-435-7741
- Salvation Army: 800-958-7825
- Habitat for Humanity: 310-323-5665
For residents with working refrigerators to be discarded, you may be entitled to a rebate from Southern California Edison. Click here for details.
For residents who have items the City will not take, or for those who have already used the large item pick up for the year, click here for a list of local transfer stations that are open to the public. Please call ahead for prices, accepted materials, recycling options or other requirements.
Please note: Large Item Collection is not available during the time of our Christmas tree recycling program, which usually starts after Christmas and continues for about two weeks.