Volunteer to help keep Torrance Beach free from litter!
Saturday, September 16th marks the 33rd annual Coastal Cleanup Day. Hosted each year by Heal the Bay, Coastal Cleanup Day marks the largest, single-day volunteer event on the planet! This year, Heal the Bay is looking for more than 10,000 local Southern California residents to help pick up trash and debris from more than 50 coastal and inland sites.
Last year, more than 500,000 Coastal Cleanup Day volunteers removed more than 18.3 MILLION pounds of trash from beaches, waterways, parks and streams worldwide.
Torrance residents wishing to volunteer have many potential cleanup sites to choose from, including the City’s own Torrance Beach (aka RAT Beach). The meetup for the Torrance Beach cleanup will be at the Miramar Park/Tower Play Area, 201 Paseo De La Playa, Torrance, 90277.
Click on the interactive map below to choose a cleanup site near you:
To volunteer for the Torrance Beach site, or any Coastal Cleanup Day event, simply register at Heal the Bay’s event page here.
- What: Coastal Cleanup Day
- When: Saturday, September 16th, 2017 from 9am–12pm
- Where: Over 50 cleanup sites around Southern California
- How: Register online
- Why: To help keep our oceans, beaches, waterways, streams and parks clean and free of trash!
- Cost: FREE
- Ages: Volunteers under 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult. Volunteers 18 years or younger must have their waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
For more information, visit Heal the Bay’s Coastal Cleanup Day website here.